Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Birthday Tradition.....


Happy Birthday To ME!!


Sunday is my 44th birthday. Yep 44! Every year at this time I sit and really examine where I am in life. I have to do this because sometimes my life has a tendancy to run me rather than me run my life. And more than that...I want to LIVE my life.

My birthday goals last year were for the most part met. I ended a relationship that was unhealthy. I left a ministry that was not a good place for me to be. I made some headway on addressing my financial sludge and credit issues. I ended my stationary business and moved on to cleaning houses and office buildings on top of my full time job. I have NOT quit smoking. I have maintained my weight. I became a grandma for the first time. Lots of stuff happening accross the board.

This year my goals will be to continue to work on the credit and finacical stuff.

Maintain healthy relationships. Remain sexually pure.

Continue to work on my business and maybe slowly get into the gardening and yard work arena.

I will get my passport.

I want to get my twins thru high school gradution.

I also hope to move my oldest daughter and my grandbaby into their own place.

I want to LIVE each day to the fullest. To the hilt. I surrendered mediocrity long ago. I will push for anything but mediocre. I want excellence and nothing else. My friend 'Happy' told me that I am the daughter of the King....yep she's right....but she also said that I deserve to have a prince. I don't want to settle for anything else but excellence in a man too. I think that as I get older somehow I have raised the bar. Raised the standard. I pray that I continue to do that and not settle.

But mostly I want to just continue this journey into authenticity with ME.

I have always thought it was important to look back. I think footprints are there for a reason...they allow us to trace back what we walked thru. We can't have 'do-overs' in most things and I don't look back looking for things that I could have done different or better. I look back so that I can be proud of where I am today. What always kind of blows me away in looking back is that I can see Gods fingerprints all over my life. He is always there. Hands all over me. I'm glad I serve a hands on kinda God.

No comments: